Family Services & Outreach
FAMILY SELECTION COMMITTEE
The Family Selection Committee establishes eligibility criteria, screens questionnaires, processes applications, makes home visits and recommends qualified families to Spencer County Habitat’s Board of Directors for approval as Partner Families.
The following is a brief description of what a Family Selection member does:
1. Attend committee meetings as needed during the selection process.
2. Determine which applicants will become a prospective Partner Family.
- Review applications, check references, review credit reports, calculate affordability ratios.
3. Conduct home visits with qualified applicants (with another committee member).
- Review presentation worksheets and income-to-expense ratios, explain sweat equity and answer questions.
4. Present applications to the Habitat Board for a vote of approval or denial.
5. Attend ground breakings and dedications when able.
6. Recruit additional committee members and assist prospective committee members in learning policies and procedures. Qualifications:
- Demonstrate interest in Spencer County Habitat for Humanity’s mission
- Compassionate, listening skills, non-judgmental, empathetic
- Willing to be engaged as an active committee member
- Basic computer skills
To become a member of the Family Selection Committee or for more information, please contact our committee chair at email@example.com.